Nigerian Singer Rema Facts is what you reached for, right? And, here we have got the coolest list of all those facts that will make you more closer to Rema. Just keep scrolling, eat those healthy fruit in your hand, and let’s enjoy these fun facts now.
Rema, whose full name is Divine Ikubor, is a Nigerian singer, songwriter, and rapper. He gained prominence in 2019 with his hit single “Dumebi” and signed a record deal with Jonzing World, a subsidiary of Mavin Records. Rema’s music is a fusion of Afrobeat, trap, and pop, and he has released several successful EPs, including “Rema” and “Bad Commando.” He is known for his catchy melodies, energetic performances, and unique vocal delivery, making him one of the rising stars in the Nigerian music industry.
50 Cool Facts About Nigerian Singer & Musician Rema
- Rema’s full name is Divine Ikubor.
- He was born on May 1, 2000, in Benin City, Edo State, Nigeria.
- Rema is a singer, songwriter, and rapper.
- He gained prominence in 2019 with his hit single “Dumebi.”
- Rema signed a record deal with Jonzing World, a subsidiary of Mavin Records, in 2019.
- His stage name, Rema, is derived from his real name, Divine Ikubor.
- Rema’s musical style is a fusion of Afrobeat, trap, and pop.
- He draws inspiration from Nigerian music icons such as Wizkid and 2Baba.
- Rema’s music often features catchy melodies and unique vocal delivery.
- He released his debut self-titled EP, “Rema,” in 2019, which included hit songs like “Dumebi,” “Iron Man,” and “Corny.”
- Rema’s EP gained international recognition and was listed on Barack Obama’s 2019 summer playlist.
More facts to know NOW!
- He won the Next Rated award at The Headies in 2019, a prestigious Nigerian music award.
- Rema became the youngest Nigerian artist to achieve a Billboard chart entry with his song “Iron Man.”
- He released another EP, “Bad Commando,” in 2019, which further solidified his status as a rising star.
- Rema’s “Bad Commando” EP featured popular songs like “Lady,” “Bad Commando,” and “Rewind.”
- In 2020, he released a third EP titled “Rema Compilation,” which featured a compilation of his singles.
- Rema is known for his energetic and captivating stage performances.
- He has performed at various concerts and music festivals in Nigeria and other countries.
- Rema has collaborated with several Nigerian artists, including Fireboy DML, DJ Cuppy, and Rvssian.
- He has expressed a desire to collaborate with international artists such as Drake and Rihanna.
- Rema is active on social media platforms and has a significant following on Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube.
- He often shares snippets of his unreleased music and behind-the-scenes moments with fans on social media.
- Rema has been praised for his fashion sense, often seen wearing trendy and colorful outfits.
- He has been featured on the covers of notable music magazines and publications.
- Rema has won several awards and nominations for his music, including the Soundcity MVP Awards and the All Africa Music Awards (AFRIMA).
- He has performed on various television shows and live events, including the Big Brother Naija reality show.
- Rema’s music videos have garnered millions of views on YouTube, contributing to his growing international fanbase.
The list hasn’t ended yet!!
- He released his first official studio album, “Rave & Roses,” in 2021.
- The album features a diverse range of sounds and showcases Rema’s growth as an artist.
- Rema has been recognized as one of the leaders of the new wave of Nigerian music.
- He has been praised for his ability to connect with a wide range of audiences through his music.
- Rema’s music often incorporates elements of Nigerian pidgin English, which adds to its appeal.
- He has been featured on several international music platforms, including COLORS and Vevo.
- Rema is known for his philanthropic activities and has been involved in initiatives to support education and provide resources for underprivileged children.
- Rema collaborated with Selena Gomez for the song ‘Calm Down’ which became a huge hit in no time.
- Rema has a close relationship with his fans, whom he refers to as the “Ravers” or “Bad Commandos.”
- He has performed at major music festivals in Nigeria, including the Homecoming Festival and the Afro Nation Festival.
- Rema has a unique vocal range and can seamlessly transition between singing and rapping.
A few more facts about Rema!!
- He has been praised for his ability to infuse Nigerian and African cultural elements into his music.
- Rema has been featured on the covers of prominent music streaming platforms, including Apple Music’s “Up Next” and Spotify’s “RADAR Africa.”
- He has collaborated with international artists, including American rapper and songwriter 6lack on the remix of his song “4AM.”
- Rema has expressed his desire to use his music to inspire and motivate the youth.
- He has cited Fela Kuti, Michael Jackson, and Bob Marley as some of his musical influences.
- Rema has an avid interest in fashion and has been seen wearing designer brands like Off-White, Louis Vuitton, and Gucci.
- He often incorporates dance elements into his music videos and live performances.
- Rema has been featured on several prominent music playlists, including Apple Music’s “Africa Rising” and Spotify’s “Afro Hits.”
- He has performed at international music events, including the BBC 1Xtra Live concert in London.
- Rema has been recognized as one of the most promising young talents in Nigerian and African music .
- He has been featured in interviews with major media outlets, including BBC Africa, OkayAfrica, and The Guardian Nigeria.
- Rema continues to release new music and collaborate with both Nigerian and international artists, further expanding his musical influence.Selena Gomez x Rema Calm Down